Monday 3 October 2011

Crazy day at the markets

Well another crazy day thanks to Greece, banks and governments around the world! 


I figured to make things interesting, from now on I'll "play" with 100 000$. 


As promised, here as some pictures to better explain my picks. Here is a close look at DOL. It performed tremendously today! Up 2.6% despite the TSX as a whole dropped 3.2%. As I mentioned previously, I think it'll head down in the short-term. I suspect it'll hit the 20ma in a few sessions before moving back up. To make matters even nicer, it payed out a 9cent dividend today! 



 Here is a 1-year view of AC.B. As you can see, there's a clear downtrend here. The 200ma is broken and it's going down in a pretty clear pattern.
 A 6-month view reveals that even in the short-term, it doesn't look so great. 
Here is what I meant when I said THI was not a good buy in the short-term: Look at the candlestick formation. An inverse hammer after a big uptrend is a strong indication if I ever say one that the stock would plummet. I actually think it'll rebound later so stay tuned. I might buy some more shortly. 
 The only stock which didn't perform the way I had hoped is ORT.A. The pennant formation I had spotted earlier made me think it would head up. Instead it's dropped. Still a great company so I'll hold a bit longer. I was hoping for a rebound after the stupid drops lately. We'll see how this plays out. Might out a stop-loss on it. 

So far, I'm holding:
DOL @ 35.87$ (200 shares)>7174$
AC.B @ 1.39$ (3000 shares)>4170$
ORT.A @ 1.63$ (3000 shares)>4890$


Profits:
THI: Bought @ 48.53$ (100 shares)>>>Sold @ 50.50$=197$ profits
DOL: Dividend (0.09X200)=18$

Available Funds:
100 215$ MINUS 16 234$=83 963$ 

From now on I'll announce what I buy and sell in real time (or at open or closing price). That way there can be no "cheating". 

Probable moves for tomorrow: 
BUY AC.B (1000 shares) 
SELL DOL (100 shares)
I want to lock in some profits! I'll post whenever I sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment