Monday 26 September 2011

A few stock picks from Sunday night (25/09/11)

Figured I would post a few picks to start this all off:

The first is DOL, currently sitting at 35.87$. Some migth remember me having talked about this several months back. I'd held it for a long time but starting in December last year, it stagnated till April. I sold it off. Now it's been doing REALLY good lately. I think the whole "economic doom" and gloom is benefiting them. For those who don't know, Dollarama is a big dollar store company in Quebec. They have a really sophisticated inventory system and a lot of stores. They're always packed, have a good balance sheet and if the economy goes to shit, they'll probably be the type of business that profits from it. Basically I wasn't patient enough with this one (I made money, but could have made way more) and I've been waiting for a down day to get in but it just doesn't seem to want to have one!

Another one I like is THI, now at 48.53$. It's been so resilient (though volatile) lately that I think it's a strong pick. People still like their morning coffee even if the economy goes down.

Lastly, I want to short AC.B, which is at 1.39$. It's been down for a while, actually since gas prices rose up last year. Now it's broken the 200 moving average and just keeps falling. Airlines always do bad in bad economic times so i think it's a safe bet. I might want to wait a bit before jumping in though as it's fallen quite a bit in the past few trading days. But I keep kicking myself for not shorting it earlier. I thought about it early this year and it crossed my mind several times since, including last Friday!
Other picks in my sights: ENB (some of you know how much I love this stock and actively trade it), ORT.A and a few others. I'll make a more in-depth analysis of these in the coming days.


I'm just posting this to see how things will turn out. I'm too chicken to actually trade right now so I'll just be "paper trading" for a little while. 










Happy trading and GLTA

No comments:

Post a Comment